Grilled Chicken, Sausage and Sage Skewers
This is a great summer dish that takes almost no time to prepare, and it is also very inexpensive.
Serves: 4 skewers
- 2-3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4-6 sweet Italian sausage links, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Sage leaves
- Rosemary and garlic infused olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Several hours prior to serving, prepare the chicken. Trim the excess fat from the thighs. I usually cut each thigh into three pieces. Place them in a bowl with 2-3 tablespoons of the Rosemary and Garlic infused Olive Oil. Add the additional rosemary, a teaspoon of salt and about ½ teaspoon of pepper. Toss to coat.
- If using wooden skewers soak them for an hour or so.
- Fire up the grill.
- Thread a piece of chicken onto a skewer. Thread a sage leaf onto the skewer. Then thread a sausage piece on to the skewer, followed by one more sage leaf. Repeat until the skewer is full. Repeat for the remaining skewers.
- Place the skewers on the grill and grill them for 4-5 minutes, or until they have nice grill marks. Brush some of the oil on them and turn them over and brush with oil again. Grill for another 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and serve.